Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The animals of North-east Germany

Here are some of the animals that I came across during my four day tour of North-east Germany. Some were living in the wild, others - being raised to be slaughtered so that some of us can feed our addiction to meat. Even though animals are raised in much better conditions on small farms, there really is no need to kill them for food, especially in countries like Germany where there are plenty of vegetarian/vegan options in stores.

Lots of horses and ponies of all kinds


The little calf ran back to his mother every time I tried to come close to him.


Lots of bird life


Although you can't really tell from this photo, this was HUGE, almost like a small boar. Right before this I saw what I'm sure was a black fox, but I didn't have time to take a photo.


A typical village cat, feeding off field mice and what not

No comments:

Post a Comment