Monday, July 9, 2012

Greifswald (the Werewolf capital of Europe)

Unfortunately I'm just kidding about the werewolves. I was kind of hoping to see some. Or at least statues of some. With the city's history, who would have thought there wouldn't be a werewolf reference anywhere in sight? Greifswald reminded me a bit of Brugge (Bruges), Belgium.

Young werewolves masquerading as humans


Bikes galore


This is pretty much how I feel when I try to understand German. Or how people feel when I try to speak German to them.


The Greifswald Dom (cathedral)


The main square in Greifswald - historic, pretty.

2 comments:

  1. Sibylla Schwarz died at the age of 17 in 1638.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that is why she spoke old german language, not the new national one. It might also be re-written on some random walls by some person.

      Delete