Saturday, July 7, 2012

North-east Germany bike trip (day 1)

After nearly leaving my camera on the train as I got off in Szczecin (Poland), admiring the poverty and potholes of that wonderful city, getting lost on the way to the German border, meeting a cool dude who showed me the way by biking with me through winding country roads all the way to the border, and generally cursing myself for not realizing how hilly the road from Szczecin to Pasewalk would be, I made it to my hotel in Zussow. Here are some photos from the first day:

The road to Pasewalk, somewhere around Löcknitz


Cool looking building in Pasewalk


Church in Groß Kiesow, about 8 km from where I'm staying


The old cemetery adjacent to the above church


What I do my 70-80 km per day on

2 comments:

  1. very surprised you don't have a photo of the cemetery gates

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's only because it wasn't a (dreaded) sunny day.

    ReplyDelete